Sideswipe Accidents in Long Beach, CA
More Than Just a Passing Glance
Even though sideswipe car accidents are one of the most common type to occur, these accidents are often the most misunderstood and disputed. The drivers involved will often disagree over who is at fault and insurances companies try to defer liability in order to avoid restitution.
At the Overett Group, our firm has more than a decade of experience aggressively representing our clients to obtain a favorable outcome for their claims. Our
Long Beach personal injury attorney is skilled in zealously fighting the tactics employed by drivers that are unwilling to accept blame, as well as their insurance companies.
Causes of Sideswipe Accidents
Sideswipe accidents occur when moving vehicles get too close and make contact along their sides. This encroachment can happen when they are moving in the same or in the opposite direction. Either way, significant vehicle and personal damage may result.
Sideswipe accidents can result from a number of reasons, including:
- Drifting into an adjacent lane
- Improper turns
- Failure to yield when lanes merge
- Aggressive or inattentive lane changes
What to Do if You Are Involved in a Sideswipe Accident
Sideswipe accidents pose a unique set of hidden complexities. Often, they can end up in blame game between the parties involved.
If you are involved in a sideswipe accident, taking the following steps can assist you in your future insurance or personal injury claim:
- Stay calm and focused: The sudden impact of a sideswipe can be emotionally jarring, but keeping your wits about you can be your best ally.
- Move vehicles out of the road, if possible: Leaving the cars in the path of oncoming traffic creates an enormous risk for a secondary accident.
- Do not admit fault: Accident trauma can cloud your thinking. Often, fault cannot be accurately determined until a thorough investigation is completed.
- Contact law enforcement: Get the officer's badge number and accident report number.
- Document everything you can: Exchange the contact and insurance information of all parties involved, including witnesses. Note where exactly the accident occurred, time of day, weather, and road conditions. Take complete pictures of all vehicles involved to show damage and / or lack of damage.
- See a doctor: Many injuries have the propensity to show up later. A qualified medical professional will have the skills to diagnose injuries, even if you feel fine at the moment.
Long Beach Personal Injury Attorney with 100% Success Rate
Our firm is proud of the 100% success rate we have achieved for all our car accident and other
personal injury clients. We believe it is our attention to detail and personal responsiveness to each of our cases that has made all the difference.
Contact us today to set up a free case evaluation with our skilled and dedicated Long Beach personal injury lawyer!